Below are nine of the commonest excuses we make to shirk our responsibility to our bodies and our health.
How did I come up with this list? I've used all of these reasons at one time or another. What I came to realize, however, is that they were lies I told myself to keep the status quo in place. The excuses had all of the substance of cotton candy. Once I decided to get fit, each one dissolved in my mouth.
Are your excuses on this list?
- I have a sweet tooth.
- I don't have time to exercise.
- Exercising isn't any fun.
- I will fail just as I have in the past.
- I'm too old.
- I lack willpower.
- I need food to comfort me when I'm depressed or angry or bored—or when I want to distract myself or celebrate.
- I'll just gain the weight back, anyhow.
- I'm too tired.
What excuses are you willing to dissolve in order to get fit?