Here are the top 10 give ups that can help you reduce the number on your bathroom scale:
- Give up adopting the latest fad. Find ways to eat and exercise that match your preference and lifestyle.
- Give up looking for the magic solution. Accept that eating differently and exercising regularly are necessary.
- Give up eating unconsciously. Keep a food journal and record every morsel you consume.
- Give up feeling hopeless because of past efforts. Treat prior attempts as part of the learning process.
- Give up loathing yourself for having packed on pounds. Acknowledge your body for the gift of life.
- Give up dieting. Find an eating regimen that you find enjoyable that doesn’t pack on pounds.
- Give up trying to be perfect. Accept that you will make progress, backslide and then get back on track.
- Give up trying to lose weight alone. Create a team of supporters and encourage each other.
- Give up blaming genetics, lack of time or medical issues. Take responsibility for your choices.
- Give up viewing the task of losing weight as a problem. Challenge yourself to begin an exciting journey of self-exploration.
Are you ready to make changes in your life? Let me know what you decide.